Thursday, October 23, 2008

Less of a Woman

I DON'T understand! So...I used to be a tomboy back in the day and I guess some of those tendencies just never leave, even after being dormant for years upon years. But there are several things I just don't understand.....comprehend....or slightly fathom. For example:

SALADS. What is up with salads? I have so many girlfriends that think they are like the bomb-
biggidy off-the-heezy-fo-cheezy-fo sho straightup most stellar food on the planet. Point in case: I went to Zupas (a specialty soup, salad, sandwich place that always serves a chocolate dipped strawberry with every order) with some chickas from school for lunch. I normally order something "hardy" 'cause that's the way I roll but decided to take the very enthusiastic suggestion of the Nuts for Berries salad. I ordered the half size 'cause....quite frankly....I'm cheap. You know what? It was absolutely bliss. It consisted of romaine lettuce with a sweet vinaigrette topped with fresh mixed berries and a tantalizing, (wow, that's a good word. haha) crunchy cinnamon & sugar roasted almonds medley. Dessert in a salad was really what it was. I highly recommend it....for dessert though...or a side.....not a main course if you are a real person that actually eats. After we ate, (most of these ladies had ordered a half salad and soup or a sandwich and soup) all the girls were saying, "Dang, I am so overly full. I normally just order that half salad and it's the perfect amount." So...me being the only half salad person at the table was then socially obligated to say, "Yeah...good thing I ordered this. I'm pleasantly full." What was I really thinking? Let's see...it went something like " ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME? I'M STARVING!!! I'M USED TO THE SALAD BEING THE ENTICING PROMISE THAT A STEAK IS ON THE WAY. THIS IS RABBIT FOOD. NO WONDER YOU ALL ARE TWIGS. ANYONE GOT A CANDY BAR?....." Yup, those were my thoughts at that moment in time, but you would have never known it until I actually did buy that candy bar (an Almond Joy to be exact) a half an hour later. hehe. Seriously though, this is not meant to be a blog critical of salad eaters. I like salad too. It's just normally on the side of my plate...not in the center of it. And, I really don't eat more than most girls....just what I eat has something to it... if ya know what I mean. So yeah...all love and no hate. I'm just in "awww" of what others can survive off of for extended periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment