Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dreaming of Obama

I NEVER DREAM. And, don't give me that, "Of course you dream, darlin'. Everyone does. YOU just don't remember them." Really, I don't. By the time I finally lay my head on that pillow...WHAM...I'm out cold for the next 7 hours (if I go to bed on time) without enough energy to dream. Until two days ago....

I dreamed of HIM. I could think of plenty of people I'd rather dream of on such a momentous occasion as this. But no....good ol' Barack crept his way out of the headlines and into MY head. Now, I really don't have much against the dude...but really...who wants to dream about him? Not me. No thank you. And no, it actually wasn't a nightmare. Sorry to disappoint.

I was at some kind of expo where I was working with Mr. Obama at his booth. I actually got to have some real conversation with him, but surprisingly we didn't discuss politics (but then again, it was my dream so perhaps I did really have some control over the situation). I don't remember what we talked about, but I do remember thinking the following:

1. He does look better in real life
2. He's much nicer and less obnoxious than the impression I got from the TV...sincere, kind, down-to-earth
3. He was dangerously charismatic to the point I still didn't completely trust the fella

Did this "vision" sway my vote you may wonder? Heck no. I remember leaving the expo thinking to myself, "That was a pleasant experience. What a good man. Too bad I STILL don't like his platform. Go McCain!" :P


*No offense to Obama voters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment