Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not My Story to Tell

Hey there. So, I heard a story true story today from a girlie at school that had me smiling, so I thought I'd pass on the love. She has a brother that helped deliver a baby in the hospital for his job the other day. Wanting to congratulate the mother on her new bundle of joy, the brother looked to see what the baby was named before he went in the mother's hospital room. The patient file or birth certificate or whatever he looked at read "Da-a." Puzzled with the logistics of pronunciation, he guessed the name sounded something like "Duh" or "Day uh" or "Day." I mean, what would you guess? He proceeded into the hospital room and said, "Congratulations on your daughter, Da-a!" However, the new mother quickly correctly him, filling him in that the dash wasn't silent and her daughter's name was "Duh dash uh." The baby was totally caucasion too, so it's not like she even has ethnic coolness to pull off a name like that. Poor thing. A name: one of the first blessings or cursingings you can give your poor, defenseless offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment