Sunday, September 14, 2008

A New Kind of "Happy Meal"?




(This happened a couple summers ago)

Back when I was a tiny tike, McDonalds reigned fast food supreme in my mind. From the seat of my carseat, those golden arches were easily recognized no matter what city my family was breezin through. Plus, Mcky Dees was the only place a kid could get a cute lil meal in a brightly colored, mesmerizing box which was traded out for a specially designed plastic trick-or-treat tub somewhere around mid-October for Halloween. With those playground jungle gymn things and collectible mini-Barbies as the surprise toy....really could life get any better?

Alas, somehow between the release of Super Size Me and just plain growing up McDonalds found a different place in my heart. This note is in no way an attempt to bash McDonalds mind you. I will still eat there, my family will still eat there, and when the mood strikes...heck..you should eat there too every now and then :).

Anyway, it all happened one late night a couple weeks ago while my family was making our way through Nebraska. There wasn't too much around and we were famished. After making a stop through a McDonalds' drive thru and heading to our hotel, we started happily eating our value meals.

Shreek! My younger sister suddenly squeals. A lot of pure disgust flashed across her face as she through her friend fries forcefully on the nightstand. After some quick investigation, the source of her disgust was made blatantly apparent. A big, dead, yucky lookin bug (well, actually it was kind of cute in a wierd sort of way) was smack dab in the middle of all of that golden, crispy french fry goodness. seriously, i don't make this stuff up. I'm not suing McDonalds, my family isn't suing McDonalds, you shouldn't sue McDonalds...heck...come to think of it...we didn't even get a free meal outta all this. hmmm.....

Now, it is very well possible that this is not McDonalds’ fault at all. It is very well possible (though in my opinion---highly unlikely) that a bug from our car, outside, or some other place could have found its way into our take out bags upon leaving McDonalds. Who knows…besides…that bug was probably the most healthy, most organic, most nutritious morsel we got from that McDonald’s order. Anyhow, the moral of the story? Ummm….eat Burger King? 

No comments:

Post a Comment