Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Don't Wave a Twinkie in Front of My Face, K?


Tonight I did a horrible thing. I went to the grocery store and BOUGHT OUT Maceys. I knew to eat before I went so that I wasn't hungry BUT.... I don't think that helped AT ALL. When I arrived, I started in the produce section. That put me in a "healthy" mood. I now own fresh fruit, frozen fruit, liquid fruit (juice), and low calorie snacks. Then, I got in a "what if I'm not in a 'healthy' mood tomorrow and am starving for something fattening?" mood. I added Cracker Jacks, frozen pizzas, and Good & Plenty candy to the cart. That lead to other food ideas which placed the following justifications in my head:

"Hey, this is cheap!..."
"Wow, this will last me forever!..."
"Goodness me, I will really enjoy this!..."
"Interesting, I've never had this before!..."
"Hallelujah, this looks tasty!..."

Anyway, my roommates now hate me....they don't know they hate me yet...but they hate me. This hate will fill their bosoms once they open our fridge...umm....and our cabinets....umm....and probably our closet too....and they realize the lack of space (and when I mean lack...I don't mean "less" but I do mean "none")

But that's okay....I have one last justification.

"Gosh golly gee, this will make wonderful food storage!..." :)

(And, I'm helping others practice love, patience, and forgiveness....definitely worth it, right?)

2 comments: